Our team is devoted to helping organizations and small businesses grow by providing policy expertise and legislative strategy. Policy decisions made at the federal level affect every aspect of profitable businesses and successful organizations. We provide a voice in Washington on their behalf.
Some our legislative accomplishments in this area include:
- Instrumental in creation of health insurance pools for small business participation through the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
- Transitioned the SBA's Women’s Business Center program from pilot to permanent and advocated for simplification of program rules.
- Fought for health reimbursement accounts (HRAs) as a viable option for small businesses.
- Carved out more reasonable tax rates/exemptions for estate taxes which impact family businesses.
- Secured federal funding for lending programs assisting underserved businesses such as the microloan, Community Advantage, CDFI, and USDA’s rural development programs.
- Carved out tax changes for business structures other than corporations in 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.
- Changed the net worth requirement for EDWOSB program to exclude retirement funds from the calculation.